My wife’s family shared this recipe with me and I just love them. Bananas, oatmeal, sugar, and chocolate chips! Whats not to love.
My wife has always been afraid of using a kitchen mixer, like it is complicated or something, so she always does it with a mixing spoon or hand mixer. I watched her make these last well week in her way and it looked like too much work for me. So I made them this week with my mixer and video taped it to show just how easy it is with the right kitchen tool.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 3 eggs
- 4 ripe crushed bananas (3 if large)
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4 cups flour (I use 2 cups white flour 1 cup pearled barley flour)
- ½ salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ pkgs chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer bowl.
- Add oatmeal, crushed bananas, milk and eggs into mixer bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer bowl and mix together.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 13 minutes.
Using a kitchen mixer is so easy and makes your life easier. Don’t be afraid of using one, they are really quite simple once you try one. I also hope you enjoy this cookie recipe and don’t make them the hard way if you can avoid it.
I also ground some pearl barley in my grain mill for this recipe, I love to add whole grains to recipes and this is definitely one you can get away with it.